Illnesses and injuries don't always happen at the most convenient times. Fortunately, the doctors here at RPM Family Health and Walk-In in Greenwood Village, CO offer high-quality healthcare services without an appointment. Read on to learn more!
Why should I visit a walk-in center?
There's no need to make an appointment and hope it fits your schedule when you visit a walk-in center. You simply decide the best time to arrive, whether that's at 8:30 a.m., noon or 4 p.m.
At RPM, our walk-in center is staffed by highly skilled physicians who have expertise in treating illnesses, injuries, and chronic health conditions.
Other advantages of walk-in centers include:
- Short Wait Times: Forget about spending 45 minutes in the waiting room followed by a 20-minute wait in the exam room. In fact, long waits are rare at walk-in centers. Depending on the nature of your problem, you may only spend 30 minutes to a little over an hour at the office.
- Less Expensive: Visiting the emergency room (ER) for a cut or broken bone can result in a big bill, even if you have insurance. Walk-in center fees are much less expensive than ER visits.
- Range of Services: Our doctors can treat sinus infections, colds, bacterial infections, gastrointestinal problems, bronchitis, pneumonia, sprains, strains, cuts, burns, fractures, chronic health conditions (like asthma, diabetes or high blood pressure), and many other illnesses and conditions. We also offer sports physicals, STD testing, and provide vaccines.
- Convenient Parking: Finding parking for an ER visit can be frustrating. You may need to circle the lot several times or wind through multiple levels of a distant parking garage before you find a spot. Walk-in centers offer large parking lots right outside their doors, which means you'll never have to walk far when you have the flu or a sprained ankle.
RPM Family Health and Walk-In offers the services you need when you need them. Call our office at (303) 221-6797 for more information.
Diabetes affects approximately 29 million people in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control. Diabetes is a condition associated with the body being unable to use or produce insulin properly. Consequently, blood sugar levels can be too low or too high, which can lead to a wide range of symptoms. Diabetes can be managed with the help of medical professionals. Here at Russak Personalized Medicine, Dr. Floyd Russak is your Greenwood Village primary care doctor for diabetes treatment.
Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
There are several signs and symptoms that help indicate you might have diabetes. If you have not been formally diagnosed with diabetes but have many of these symptoms, visit your primary care doctor in Greenwood Village. If it is determined that you do have diabetes, your doctor can develop an individualized treatment plan to help you maintain stable blood sugar levels and manage the symptoms of diabetes. Some common signs and symptoms associated with diabetes include:
- Blurred vision
- Increased thirst
- Increased hunger
- Frequent urination
- Excessive fatigue
- Tingling in the hands or feet
- Numbness in the hands or feet
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Wounds heal slowly
Methods for Treating Diabetes
While diabetes is a condition that cannot be cured, there are several components to treating and managing diabetes. One of the steps to managing diabetes is monitoring your blood sugar levels. Several methods and devices are available for monitoring blood sugar and your Greenwood Village primary care doctor can help you select the right option for you.
Another component to managing and treating diabetes is to maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly. A healthy diet and exercise can both help blood sugar levels remain stable. Some individuals with diabetes also benefit from taking medication or using insulin. Medication can lower glucose production and help the body use insulin more effectively, while insulin therapy helps keep blood sugar levels stable.
Concerned? Give Us a Call
To find out if the symptoms you are experiencing are due to diabetes, schedule an appointment with Dr. Russak, your primary care doctor in Greenwood Village, by calling Russak Personalized Medicine at (303) 221-6797.
If you are relatively healthy and you don’t need medication then you may not think too much about the importance of having a doctor or primary physician; however, it’s important that everyone, no matter their current health status, has a doctor like our Greenwood Village, CO, primary care doctor Dr. Floyd Russak that they can turn to for preventive medicine and to treat problems when they do eventually arise.
The Importance of a Primary Care Physician
Along with providing comprehensive medical care, there are a variety of benefits that patients of all ages will receive when they have a primary doctor by their side. Don’t wait until you are sick to start looking for a doctor. Doing the legwork now can protect you in the future.
One major benefit of having a family doctor is that you can get all the preventive screenings, vaccinations and other care you need to reduce your risk for developing certain acute and chronic illnesses. If certain health problems run in your family it’s important that you have a doctor that you can turn to, to provide you with the care you need to prevent it from happening to you.
You can also get immediate medical attention without having to make an unnecessary and expensive trip to the emergency room. While there are certain conditions like a heart attack or stroke that require a 911 call or a trip to the nearest ER, if you don’t have a regular physician that you turn to then every problem you face, whether an emergency or not, may require you to waste more time and money at an urgent care clinic or ER when you don’t need to.
Why Russak Personalized Medicine
Russak Personalized Medicine in Greenwood Village, CO, is a personalized medicine membership practice that provides patients with customized and personalized healthcare. We spend more time with our patients, not making them feel rushed in their visit or like they are just another number. Having a doctor that you can turn to in order to meet all your needs can provide you with the comprehensive preventive care you need to avoid costly treatments and chronic conditions.
Here we don’t believe in making patients wait around for the care they need. Along with same-day and next-day appointments, we also provide comprehensive visits that won’t make you feel rushed. Dr. Russak provides you with his own personal mobile number so you have a doctor at your disposal 24/7, giving you peace of mind about you and your family’s health. Although an annual fee may be required for Dr. Russak's practice, his partners are available without any membership commitment.
Find out about Dr. Russak's Personalized Medicine practice by calling Kimberly at 303-856-5989 or online through the practice’spatient portal. Start getting the quality medical care you deserve.
The thyroid gland is a small organ that can have significant effects on your overall health. The American Thyroid Association estimates that 12 percent of Americans will develop some type of thyroid related condition over their lifetimes, ranging from relatively minor to requiring advanced treatment. Are you curious about whether you might have a thyroid problem? Read on to find out, and if you are concerned that you may have developed a condition, call Russak Personalized Medicine in Greenwood Village, CO, to arrange an appointment with Dr. Floyd Russak, your primary care doctor.
What Is the Thyroid and What Does It Do?
The thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland located in the neck that helps regulate the performance of cells in your body. It is the gland that controls your metabolism and energy levels. It produces hormones that affect your various bodily functions including the heart, brain, digestive system, muscles, and bone strength. In women, it can have an effect on the menstrual cycle.
Signs of a Thyroid Problem
There are three common issues related to the thyroid: hypothyroidism (not enough hormone production), hyperthyroidism (too much hormone production; related to Graves’ disease), and thyroid cancer. Here are some signs you should seek treatment from a primary care doctor at our Greenwood Village office:
- Feeling tired and fatigued all of the time
- Memory issues.
- Depression and irritability.
- Muscle weakness.
- Unexplained weight gain (hypothyroidism) or loss (hyperthyroidism).
- Bulging eyes and other eye or vision problems.
- Lump in the neck and trouble swallowing or talking.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Some people have a normal thyroid level, but still have several of the above symptoms, you may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome caused by Thyroid Resistance. Dr. Russak has trained under Jacob Teitelbaum, MD at Harvard and is expert at diagnosing and treating this problem, where thyroid blood tests are normal but thyroid receptors on your cells are not responding adequately to your thyroid.
Thyroid Treatments Available
Once diagnosed through an exam, blood test, and/or biopsy, thyroid problems are often very treatable. These are some of the treatment options you’ll discuss with your doctor:
- Natural medication to help regulate and normalize the thyroid gland.
- Surgical removal of tumors on the thyroid and radioactive iodine therapy.
- Health, diet, and habit adjustments to promote healthy thyroid function.
Regain Healthy Thyroid Function
Set a time to visit Dr. Russak, your primary care doctor in Greenwood Village, by calling (303) 221-6797 today.
Did you know there was a month entirely dedicated to raising awareness for issues impacting the health and wellness of men and boys? The month also coincides with Men’s Health Week (June10-16), a special awareness period created by Congress, and the #ShowUsYourBluecampaign on June 14 where men and women are encouraged to wear blue to work that day to show their support for the health and well-being of boys and men. See our easy list of things to do to be active, aware, all month long.
1. June is Men’s Health Month–spread the word and make sure every loved male in your life is living well
2. Early screenings! They will not only save money in the long run but also save your life and/or make life easier to manage if diseases are caught early on. All men over 35 should have an Annual Wellness with a cholesterol and CIMT plaque ultrasound test.
3. Exercise, its summertime! Why do you think most TV shows and football are off? So, men can finally go out and move around. (Note: there is no true correlation between summer broadcast schedule and reason to exercise) You shouldn’t need a reason to get at least 30 minutes of exercising in, just help your heart and just do it like Nike says.
4. Father’s Day is coming up! Why not give your father figure in your life the gift of knowledge along with your gift. There are many resources at www.menshealthnetwork.net that help educate you and your father about risks of prostate cancer and other diseases that may be prevalent to you.
5. Keep reading this blog and others like it for the latest on how to improve and support men’s health. (Hopefully starting with this June, we will have regular pieces for you)
6. Remember that anyone can assist in the men’s health movement, and help is not limited by gender. Anyone can be supportive and help men make that first step towards a better life.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.